Header add

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Noises On The Roof

At my old home in Indiana, there was a period of about two weeks where I was woken up in the morning by sounds on the roof. Each day, at 7:30 a.m., I would wake up to the sound of stomping above my room. To me it sounded as though a grown man was on the roof stomping around. It was really loud and it made the light fixture on my ceiling shake. In the beginning I tried to ignore the sounds until one morning it became too much. I got dressed and headed outside to our backyard. I walked to the end of the property so I could get a good view of the roof. When I turned around I could not believe what I saw. On the roof there was a huge black bird. This thing looked to be about 2 1/2 feet tall. It had very large feathers and to me resembled a vulture. I started to shout at it to frighten it off, but it just starred at me and would not move. I did not like the way it was looking at me and it really freaked me out. Finally after a few minutes it walked to the edge of the roof and flew onto my dads shed. It was hidden in some tree branches so I decided to get a closer look. When I got to the shed and looked up it was gone. What I can not figure out is where this thing went. I should have been able to see it fly away. It was as if the thing just vanished.

I do not know what the heck that was. After that, the noises on the roof stopped and I never saw the thing again. Weird...

5 comments:

Quentin said...

I had a friend named Ryan in Austin, Texas who had a similar experience. We would hear stomping sounds in his ceiling pretty regularly that he could not explain. In his mother's bedroom, you could hear what sounded like someone running back and forth across the ceiling. At first he thought there was some problem with the air conditioning vents, but it would happen in the winter as well. there were no problems with the roof and it wasn't the wind. Sometimes it would get so loud that he couldn't hear his music over it. This went on for a couple of years. My friend Ben and I were spending the night at Ryan's house once and Ryan and I left to go buy some cigarettes. I left my cell phone on the coffee table where it stayed all night. When we returned, Ben was standing on the porch. We asked him why he was standing outside and he said he had an unbearably uneasy feeling when he went in alone that he couldn't explain. I finally decided that I wanted to know what was going on in the ceiling so I got a ladder and went up into the attic. I didn't see anything at all when I looked around with my flashlight. I crept in a little farther and peered towards the back of the attic where the vaulted ceiling of the living room blocked my vision. As I did this, I heard a sound like scraping knives and at that moment my flashlight started to flicker. I rushed back towards the ladder and left the attic in a hurry! Ryan asked what I saw and I truthfully told him that I saw nothing, but I certainly felt like there was someone in there with me. Ben said my face was pale white as I descended the ladder. I forgot my phone when I left the next day so I called Ryan to get it for me. He said he couldn't find it on the coffee table or anywhere else in the house. Frustrated, I decided to go back to his house and search for it. Sure enough, it was nowhere to be found anywhere in the house. I was about to give up when the word "attic" popped into my head. I got out the ladder again and climbed back up. There it was, right next to the hatch, sitting there on the crossbeam like someone had placed it there. Creepy. Ryan had also mentioned seeing strange lights outside his window at night, almost as if someone was walking around outside his room with a flashlight. Or the moon was sitting on his front lawn. When we walked outside, no one was there.

Aura said...

Thank you so much for this comment. My parents are still in that house and I often go back to visit. They too now hear stomping on the roof and can not find anything when my dad goes up to check things out. Can I take your comment and make it a post? I would love to let the rest of my readers read this. Thanks again quentin

Anonymous said...

this kind of thing really fascinated me, i could become quite obsessed

lol

Aura said...

It was creepy-still gives me chills talking about today.

a 17 yo believer said...

Yeah the same thing happened to me about a year ago...I was staying at a friends house and heard what sounded like a 35 lb racoon was jumping rope on the tin roof.I do believe it was a demon,they tend to feed on fear(I would get even more terrified and the sound would grow louder).Every dog in that nieghborhood barked when that thing was near,I would pray and pray and NOTHING seemed to work until finally I ask Jesus to forgive me for my sins and it vanished...haven't heard it sinceand now I put 100% of faith into God and I also suggest the same.