Friday, September 13, 2013
Some Factoids about Friday the 13th
Here are some interesting facts about this day:
1) Since 1981, Friday the 13th has become a big day in Port Dover, Ont., where thousands of motorcyclists travel to the town to celebrate every time it rolls around.
2) Famous director and suspense guru Alfred Hitchcock was born on Friday, Aug. 13, 1899
3) One of Hollywood's premiere horror franchises, 'Friday the 13th', has only reached 12 movies
4) Tupac Shakur was killed on Friday the 13th.
5) Some airlines omit Gate 13, and a 13th row on planes. Numerous hospitals don’t have a room number with 13 in it as well as a 13th floor. The same thing goes for tall buildings. Normally the 13th floor is skipped.
6) In French Lick Springs, Indiana, a law was once passed requiring all black cats to wear bells on Friday the 13th.
7) Last year we saw 3 Friday the 13ths exactly 13 weeks apart! The next year in which we'll have three Friday the 13ths is 2015. They'll fall in February, March and November.
8) The Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute estimates that $700-$800 million dollars are lost every Friday the 13th because of people's refusal to travel, purchase major items or conduct business.
How superstitious are you? Would you board flight 666 to HEL on this day?