Header add

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Irritated With Networks

I am going to take a moment to rant a bit about the networks out there who have their people contact us bloggers to promote their shows.

Recently I was contacted by a promotional executive working with a large network. As a fan of the show, I had no problem posting about it from time to time. In return for my part in promoting them on my site, I was offered an interview with the stars of this show. I was thrilled and sent in 10 questions which were to be posted here. Weeks turned into months and still no interview. I just got the word that due to "circumstances" with the network, I am not getting my interview.

I have decided to take my questions elsewhere and won't be doing networks any favors in the future just so they can use my site to gain ratings - which is all that they care about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, this seems like business as usual for the networks.

PA said...

I get these from time to time as well, I don't know how to deal with them so I don't bother.

I remember in the early days of my blog those emails came with offers of books, even DVD box sets for review, wish I had taken up those offers, they barely even come with a thankyou now.

One day those networks will want to be interviewing you, keep up the great work.

Rand

Marica said...

No kidding, we do a lot of work, for nothing, it is the least they can do.

Thanks Rand for the nice compliment. If that day comes, I will not forget you ;)