As this year comes to a close, here are my top picks for interesting, strange and unexplained events that took place in 2008 making news headlines.
1) As people all across the world were ringing in the New Year, numerous eyewitnesses from California to London claimed to have seen strange, unexplained lights in the sky that night. New Years Eve UFO
2) On the night of January 8th numerous eyewitnesses reported a large metallic object in the sky over Stephenville, Texas. In my opinion this is one of the most important sightings of 2008. Stephenville UFO Video
3) Sasquatch on Mars! If you did not hear about this one, you must be living under a rock. Reports spread like wildfire across the net that the NASA explorer Spirit captured a strange image resembling a Sasquatch on Mars.
4) World famous director and believer in paranormal phenomena, Steven Spielberg, announced he would be developing an online television program and social network where people could discuss paranormal and extraterrestrial events that they witnessed. "The Rising" was to be launched this fall. I am not sure what has happened and hope this project is still in the works. Spielberg to launch UFO and paranormal social network?
5) Stan Romanek came forward claiming he has genuine video footage of a ET peeking through his window gaining the attention of CNN's Larry King Live. We are still waiting Stan- Stan Romanek ET Video
6) Police Chase UFO over Cardiff-another interesting UFO report from this year.
7) Montauk, NY was in the spotlight for a brief moment as reports came in that a "Sea Monster Washes Ashore!" Turned out the carcass was no monster at all, but the incidenct caused quite a stir.
8) Bigfoot made headlines again this year as two pranksters claimed to have a body in their possession. Bigfoot Hoax
9) A millionaire business man claimed he and his family were forced to flee their Clifton Hall mansion due to spooky, mysterious figures haunting the home. Read News Article
10) On October 14th aliens were to arrive on our planet- according to Blossom Goodchild.
2008 was a good year for the paranormal community despite some knuckle heads looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Ghost Hunters was back- better than ever capturing some of the best evidence out there. We also saw the return of Ghost Adventurers this fall after the infamous flying brick incident captured on film in 2007.
I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for us!